Each of these sites has a collection of resources covering style guides, books, courses and professional organizations.
- Jean Hollis Weber’s Technical Editors’ Eyrie
- The Mark Allen Editorial website has FAQs and a list of tools.
- Arrant pedantry links out to other editing blogs and resources, plus a shop to buy linguistic t-shirts and merch!
- The two editors from The Editing Podcast both have amazing lists of resources:
- Iva Cheung’s blog - editing cartoons yes!
- Draft.dev’s blog has great learning resources. Check out their Field Guide to Technical Editing
- Right Touch Editing has some wonderful checklists and cheat sheets.
- Rabbit with a red pen has writing, editing, and conscious language resources.
- That White Paper Guy has a great book list and links to other resources.
- Readbility Guidelines from Content Design London.
- OSP Podcast Communicate, Connect, Grow
- The Editing Podcast
- Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing
- Better Done than Perfect podcast:
- Tom Johnson has a round-up of Tech Comm podcasts
- Check out any other tech podcasts you can find in DevRel, tech, community building, and open source.
- TC Camp Green Room 42’s Why Do We Need an Editor on the Team?
- Part 4 of Amruta Ranade’s How I Write Technical Documents series Technical Editing Checklist
I am a member of:
- The Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd), an Australian-based organization.
- The Australian Society for Technical Communication
- The Write the Docs global community
Other editing organizations