A list of newsletters that I subscribe to for work and play.
I subscribe to a lot of newsletters. The ones I like best come weekly (or better yet, monthly!) and straight to my inbox. I tried Feedly but it didn’t suit the way I like to consume information.
I think the best newsletters contain practical and useful content.
These newsletters cover a range of things I’m interested in, like writing, UX, DevRel and tech.
- Write the docs
- Developer Microskills from Sam Julien. Not just for developers! My current favourite newsletter!
- The 3-2-1 Newsletter from James Clear.
- UX Writing Events from Scott Kubie. Not just about events.
- Bizarro Devs
- Developer Avocados
- The Observatory. Community newsletter from Orbit.
- Increment. A quarterly, full-color magazine that is excellent.
- Josh Comeau. “A front-end web development newsletter that sparks joy”. It’s excellent!
- Velocity. B2B content marketing. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to continue reading this one.
- FeverBee. Richard posts too frequently - sometimes daily! No matter the quality of the content, I’m going to unsubscribe.
Retired from my list
I subscribed to these newsletters for a long time but have since moved on because I find that I no longer need what they have to give. I still like to dip in when I have time or need to look up something in particular.